Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

School Days.........

Oh man, that was the best part of my life,
Never had better times before or since then.
Schooling was all about fun and frolic,
breaking rules were part and parcel of schooling.
The first day at Hari Sri, Peeking, scared,
taking good care, I kept my first foot there,
But since then there's been no stopping,
no peeking,no scare, only dare.
That was my second home,
but no less than my first.
Teachers were my parents and friends, forever.
Friends kept changing as years went by,
but we still keep in touch, no matter what.
My first few friends were so much fun to be with,
We fought so often, but mediating was always fun.
Felt like a "buzurk" playing the mediator,
and hung our heads like little puppies,
while shaking hands after small quarrels.
Lower primary was even more fun,
in a new building, new place,
but school was always the same.
Never made it late to the bus stop,
not a single day,not even by a moment.
The morning assemblies were true knowledge treats,
Listening to Nalini Miss is something I still miss.
Music and sports were favorites, no doubt,
Satish master's stories had nothing, but all lies.
Jose master with his guitar spread sweet music all around,
Was fascinated about his guitar,
I always sang along like a crazy Presley fan.
Classes were the true essence of schooling,
and teachers were the perfect of chefs.
Teachers kept changing,
came across more teachers by and by.
But could never actually judge,
who was the best one among them all?
Years went by and so grew we,
did'nt know time saled by, so fast, so loud, so gleefully,
until the last year at school commenced.
12th Science was an awesome batch,
we transformed that year into a true celebration.
Now the celebration is all over,
has made way for busy lives,
but trust me people,
had no better times than those before or since.
Orkut and facebook ,mails and scraps ,
we make time to make long , long calls.
Then we have our yearly alumni meet, friendly visits,
feels good to be back in school, any time always.
The breeze that blows there knows me inside out,
the walls and the sand there remind me of long cherished tales,
they talk to me for hours and hours,take no break,
we always have abundant topics to discuss, long and till late.
Today we Harisriites are all around, in different places,
Let me say this for you my friends, folks and teachers,
 “ Let the Peal of Harmony be the Appeal of all Religions.”
That has been and will always be the motto of our school.
Missing school a lot, but will always keep in touch.

2 comments:

sreedevi said...

:)nice dear.........

Unknown said...

School days are the best thing which can happen to anyone. you hv penned it down nicely. good job.