Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2008

HOME SWEEEEET HOME

My roots run deep and deeper in there, that is the place where I uttered my first word, took my first step, learnt my first letter. That is indeed my sweeeeeeeeeeeet home.In my sweet home,I have my dearest Achan, Mummy and a little brother, Abhishek, my greatest possessions, assets, treasures. There are simply no words to describe them…. Words are too little to explain these relations. Home is where I love to be, no matter what luxuries other places on this earth offer me. As every human being believes, even I believe that I have the “bestest” family on this earth. Trust me people, if I do not speak with my family a day, I really do not know what might happen, because I have never missed out on that one thing ever in my life. At home it is like, everyone understands each other so well. There have been times when everyone in the house was busy. But then, it is like “Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter”. We speak, or not, communication still happens. That is what I like the best about home. I still cherish my childhood days and at times they make me feel so nostalgic. I love it when Achan and Mummy speak about their childhood and ours too. They keep saying that I was too fussy as a kid, not too friendly, never ate properly. My poor Mummy had to literally coax the food down my oesophagus. And to add to all this, I had this bad habit of fighting with people for no reason, what so ever. I have changed a lot now. I guess I am an extreme opposite now. I get scared at the smell of a serious fight. There was this friend in the neighborhood. He was my only company as a kid. I called the poor thing “pithathi” so often. He still reminds me of it and we laugh over it. Actually at that point of time I had no idea that “pishashu” meant “evil person or evil force”. And to add to the fun I could not even pronounce the word properly. I ended up calling him “pithathi”. His real name is Prashant. The two names actually rhyme na? hihi…. Then I always had a fascination for these Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolates. As a child it was tough for me to say it out. So as a signal of the yearning for the chocolate, I used to raise my palm. That reminds me of the Congress party emblem now. But I have always been neutral politically. No issues please. And as for the fascination for chocolates, that still remains, but now there is no discrimination. I do not mind eating any kind of chocolates these days. Hhmm…..know what? I always had a bump on my forehead, it was maybe, like a kind of trademark for me. I either used to get my head hit somewhere, or fall off the bed. Carelessness was like a part and parcel of me. I still remember the day Mummy sqeezed me up for loosing a whole lot of marks in my 3rd standard Maths paper, due to , of course, carelessness. Even Shobha aunty from the neighborhood came over to console me. I cried that loudly, as if in a temper tantrum. But that was the last time I scored bad marks in Maths. Since then Maths has been my all time favorite subject. I loved to spend my time in the neighborhood because I had a nice friend there. My Mummy and Shobha Aunty often witnessed these outrageous moments when I was forcefully taken back home from there. Now when I think back, I find it all so funny. Then let me tell you about my brother. He was born in my Mummy’s home. So we had to stay back there for a couple of days. That was when I was in my senior kindergarten. I used to get my grandpa screwed up so often, around those times. Once it was because I fed my new born baby brother a small piece of cake, and the great patron of food that he is, he ate it with absolutely no qualms or complaints. Another time I screwed up the whole family was when I carried him from one bedroom to another in Mummy’s absence. The fat guy was a bit too heavy for me to balance in my little arms. Stop rolling eyes now. Undoubtedly, I had to drop him on the floor. I loved to dress up my brother when he was a baby. He was such a cute thing, everyone adored him. He went away with anyone, kept smiling all the time. I always wondered whether he had this Politian inherent in him. He is going to kill me for having written this line now. Once a social activist, an acquaintance of Achan happened to meet us. Abhishek gave him a sixty watt smile. He took abhishek in his arms lovingly, kissed him even more lovingly. Achan still teases Abhishek on that because this particular social activist was allergic towards water. To be a bit more clear, he was so busy with his social activities, that he often found no time to take bath. I can simply go on and on and on about my childhood. My childhood memories drive me ecstatic. I also love to listen to my parents’ childhood memories. The part I love the most is that my Achan was really very naughty as a child. Oh, those stories are way too good. It seems, once he even dropped some cash into the well. Basically anything that was left in the solitude was to go into the well according to him. That was funny, but that was when he was really very small. Even Mummy was no less , I guess. She still loves to tell us about her experiences at school and she can go on for hours. I feel so homely, carefree back there in Thrissur. I forget to sing when I am in Chennai. But once at home I forget to stop singing, maybe because I am always so overjoyed when I am there. I sing so loudly at times, I end up wondering how I could manage at such high a pitch. Trust me, there is no place more beautiful than ones home. There are no people who can care for you more than your dear ones at home. Home is truly the paradise on earth. I long to go back there every second of my life. It feels bad when this realization dawns upon me, that I am an adult now and I have to be on my own, work, learn to be independent. I can never be at home for more than two weeks at a stretch now. That thought drives me crazy at times. I love to be back there, get pampered, completely pampered, loved, cared for. There is nothing on this earth that can replace your home, the love of your parents, siblings. I feel like I am the wealthiest person in this entire universe when they are with me. Love you family………..

3 comments:

sreedevi said...

hmmmmmm....ninakku job veno atho veetil pono??? ippozhathe situation vechu nokkiyal adikkan late avathe nattilekku povan pattum....... molu vishamikkandato .....hi hi..... :)

Unknown said...

superb!!!!!... my dear... njannum inganae vikrithiyaya antae kuttikkalathae patti oruthu poyi......... nostalgic feeling...
miss u my sweet home....

anikk ippol thannae nattil pokannam... mmmmmmmmm...:-(

Onward said...

u had a problem eating??..yeah rite!!..we believe u...and u just had to know every1 know u r a bhujji eh.."maths is ma fav subject" eeshwara!!...

how come u never wrote in college?..except for assignments and exams i e..!!