Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tag Hour

I was tagged on this by a dear friend Sharat a while back, actually pretty long back. Somehow I did not feel like doing it then, do not remember why.Well, now I feel like doing it and here it goes....
1. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATER: Tees Mar Khan and I almost felt like killing myself thrice over. I should not have punished myself so hard. Well, after that I did watch a couple of good movies that I had downloaded from DC. I have this habit of downloading in bulk and then they just lie there, with no one to care for them. Since I am moving into the last few days at helL, I was in the process of cleaning up my hard disk so that I could fill it up with new stuff. And I happened to watch a couple of good movies in the process. One was 'The Prestige', by Christopher Nolan. That was an awesome movie. Then came across a Tamil movie, 'Unnaipol Oruvan'. Another good one. I have started liking Kamal Hassan even more after watching it, what an actor. Then 'Pursuit of Happiness' and there I am, liking Will Smith even more. Very rarely do movies get me to shed tears, this last one did. 
 
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?: Not been reading any books for a while now. I have a whole stack that I had bought some time back. Sometimes the greed builds up so much and then after the initial rush, it just dies down for a while. Now I am into reading FB and Twitter posts. Special thanks to TOI for getting me hooked onto Twitter.

3. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?: Many. It keeps changing. Business used to be a one time favorite. Chess has always been. Snake and ladder too. I still play these games when I go home.

4. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?: I guess there's nothing in particular. I read every thing that catches my eye and that could be caused by just about anything, a catchy caption on the cover page, or the cover page itself.

5. FAVORITE SMELLS?: The smell of wet earth during the rains, the smell of flowers in Mom's garden, the smell of home itself. Every time I get back home, I wonder how that smell never changes. Or maybe it is just a feeling. But I know that is the favorite on the list.
 
6. FAVORITE SOUND?: The sound of hearty laughter that springs directly from the stomach and even helps change my mood at times. It is best made by babies, as if born from their inherent innocence. And then the sound of anything that feels like music, the sound of the dancing rain, leaves rustling in the breeze, anything rhythmic and yea, not to forget. beautiful music, any kind, any mood.

7. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?: The feeling of loss, pain and regret. Every one would hate these, I know. For something unique, would be sight of a dog. I am really scared of dogs. I do think they are cute, but from a distance. As soon as they are within reachable distance, I loose all my cool.

8. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE?: I wish I could sleep for five more minutes, and there goes the alarm into snooze. On a not so normal day, if it is something I am looking forward to, I will be all happy to wake up. In fact I might not even go to sleep. That is exactly what I do the night before I am to leave for home. On the other hand, If I already know that it is going to be a tough day, I might simply be more than happy to sleep through the day. ;)

9. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE? I used to like Seashells in Chennai a lot, not exactly a fast food place. It was a restaurant with a fast food attachment to it. Now, it could be any of those usual hangouts, KFC, Subway, etc, etc.

10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? No clue. Too early to think about it, since I am still single and probably will not be even thinking of mingling any soon. I am happily single for now. But I do appreciate good names when I come across any, only that I forget them even faster.

11. FINISH THIS STATEMENT. "IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I'D...? Go around the world, but not in eighty days.

12. DO YOU DRIVE FAST?: The last time I drove was when I was learning driving. Guess I will have to go back and retrain myself this vacation. I don't mind speed, but I prefer being careful nevertheless. Well, I had a cycle that I rode on, to school, and there were these two steep roads that I had to take every day. I used to love to let go free when the road was comparatively empty, but yea I am generally cautious.
 
13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?: Yuck question. I like my pillows by my side.

14. STORMS-COOL OR SCARY?: Scary, of course. The only one I got to experience was here, in Lucknow. We were returning from a birthday party, in an auto, the road was under repair, the mud was being thrown upon our face by the storm, we all went blind and could scarcely breath and the driver had to finally stop and wait for a while until the storm got a bit calm. I felt bad for him, poor fellow, kept driving in spite of the mud blowing into his eyes and nose. 

15. WHAT WILL BE YOUR FIRST CAR?: Well the blogger who tagged me on this had modified the question for his convenience. I don't know what modification was made, so can I choose not to answer this one? Well, I really have no idea. I am yet undecided.  

16. FAVORITE DRINK? Lime juice, apple shake, but only if Mom makes them. Otherwise bournvita would be a safe choice. :P

17. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, "IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD..." : Would depend largely on my mood. I would generally prefer to talk (or rather listen) or hang out. If in helL, I would have loved to go on one of those evening walks, in solitude, just me, my music and helL sweet helL.

18. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? No, I don't eat broccoli, then why eat the stems? Or was that question supposed to hint at something else. I have no idea.

19. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? Burgundi, I had actually tried it while in college, but failed miserably. Guess my Keralite hair is too adamant to go back on any of its typical characteristics.

20. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN. Born in Mumbai, lived in Thrissur for almost the entire part of my life until now, worked in Chennai, interned in Bangalore and for now in IIM Lucknow (I feel like calling it sweet helL again, maybe because of this feeling that my days here are counted).

21. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? No favorite sport as such. I do like to watch them when I have the company of people who like to watch them and get paranoid over it, please do not mistake this for sadistic pleasure. ;)

22. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU.: This was probably the last post on his blog. I wish he reconsidered blogging, or to simply put it, writing. I think he has a flair for it.

23. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Nothing, I just checked under the bed for reassurance. :P

24. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN? : Yes, very much. I am in love with myself. I am my favorite (to make things clear, that was only a movie dialogue).

25. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL? : Depends, if I sleep in the afternoon, I can stay up all night, as is the case right now. I have a session at 7.45 am tomorrow. Wondering how I will pull myself together and get myself there and finally sit through it.

26. OVER EASY, OR SUNNY SIDE UP? : If this is regarding fried eggs, I like both, with a slightly overly preference for sunny side up.

27. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX? : Home sweet home

28. FAVORITE PIE? There is this snack in Kerala called 'ada' I don't know whether it can be classified under pies. But I can't think of any other pie right now and I am already hungry.

29. FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate

30. OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU TAGGED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? I really have no clue. I feel that question was unnecessary. (njan mashinotam thudangiyitilla :P)

7 comments:

Shazoor Mirza said...

Reading this was fun. Nice piece of writing..

Pooja S said...

Thanks for your valuable comments Shazoor :)

Shazoor Mirza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shazoor Mirza said...

Welcome. Your posts are quite unique. I enjoy a lot reading them sometimes.

Pooja S said...

Thanks again :)

Shazoor Mirza said...

You on FB?

Pooja S said...

nopes