Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oru Kuda Kallante Katha-- The Story of an Umbrella Thief...He He

First the disclaimer: This post targets to make a dig at a friend of mine who is hesitating to return the umbrella that he borrowed from me almost a week back, under the pretext that the rain goddess has gone into sound slumber. This post was basically a challenge he posed. He would not have expected me to be crazy enough to actually make a post on this. Well here goes a small dedication to him. No names will be taken. If anyone makes out the protagonist, well bad luck dear 'kuda kallan'. ;)
It was something that happened this afternoon. I was on my way back from the Faculty block and it was drizzling. I waited at the lounge hoping the rains would subside. But there are limits to the length of time you can invest in such despondent waits. Since there was very little probability of the rain goddess rushing for a noon nap, I decided to venture out into the rains.
I had not walked far, when I saw a funny figure approaching, with his umbrella held so low, as if to cover the face. His face was tucked in safe and secure under the umbrella. The purpose was so conspicuous and the umbrella looked so familiar. It felt as if that was the same umbrella tagged by me. But how could I peep in and check if it was the same 'kuda kallan' ? What if it was not him? I would have paved way for myself getting entangled in some deeply embarrasing moments. So I decided to bury the idea for the time being and paced ahead.
When this umbrella headed figure was within a feet's distance, I noticed his gorgeous 'forty'(I wanted to put sixty, but he being an Electrical Engineer insisted that it was only forty) watt smile. He lifted the hood of the umbrella and smiled such a vulgarly innocent(again he insisted it was innocent, but I disagree) smile, like a bride whose veil had been lifted and went on to say, " It is raining only lightly now. Walk briskly to the mess before it starts pouring down heavily". Such a caring soul! I felt like falling at his feet and taking the yogi to be's blessings, that kind a soul he is. And then he went on even more innocently, " I have the laptop in my bag. Cannot return the umbrella now. Do not worry. I will return it." I could calculate the chances of utterance of those last two sentences even before they were actually spoken by the aspiring yogi, because I was hearing it for the thousandth odd time I guess.
Now when will he return it? Will he ever return it? Anybody interested in calculating probabilities and conditional probabilities, given, he has his exams starting from this Friday and he is too busy with his project submissions until then? Too many conditions being there, this is obviously going to be an arduous task. Anyways you can try. If you get a good chance, do let me know. I can atleast hope to see my umbrella one last time before the season glides by.
And @'kuda kallan', no offenses meant. I just wanted to share a funny incident with my friends here. This was not meant to demean you by any means 'kuda 'kalla'. I actually wish I had a pic of yours in the umbrella headed form. Mera bus chalta toh I would have put down that too over here. I liked your trick, but better return the umbrella, else I will dedicate all my forthcoming posts to you 'kuda kalla'. :D

2 comments:

Rakesh Neelakandan said...

1. “This post targets to make a dig at a friend of mine who is hesitating to return the umbrella that he borrowed from me almost a week back, under the pretext that the rain goddess has gone into sound slumber” –
The sentence quoted above, is pretty well confusing. Why should the friend borrow an umbrella when the rain goddess is asleep? (To protect him from ‘shine’)?
2. “I would have paved way for myself getting entangled in some deeply embarrasing moments”-
The mantra is simplicity. Some where, you have broken this chanting. I think so.
3. “Vulgarly innocent”-
Word is fire-Rigveda
4. “Before the season glides by”-
Really BEAUTIFUL
5. “This was not meant to demean you by any means 'kuda 'kalla'”
I laughed a lot reading this sentence- Pure fun. A disclaimer disowning the disclaimer! WONDERFUL…!

Bhavia said...

whoa!!!this was funny post!!
laughed a lot after reading it..
is this kuda kallan a "mallu" ??