Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

PASSION "rediscovered"

Passion...It is the one strong drive within yourself which can take you places. Passion can work wonders. But the sad part is that there are very few people on this earth who know what they are passionate about and have trended their lives and energy in that direction. I have already lived on this planet for more than 23 years now. But ask me what my passions are, or leave alone the plural, ask me to name atleast one of them. I end up completely conquered. This is one question which has troubled me since a long while and the only real time I tend to think about my passions is only when this question pops up at an interview. There you can never really ask for any time to make the rediscoveries. So the fire gets lit and put off by the very same me at the very same occasion.

I have already put myself through many interviews as a part of the prowl for a job, at school, in office. Way back at school, teachers and friends often asked about the so called "passion in life". One thing I always noticed was that my passions kept transforming and the only conclusion that I could come to after all this was that, I still do not know what I am truly passionate about.

It was recently that we had an online exercise to be done in our workplace, where we were asked to answer to a lengthy questionnaire and they would tell us about our passions. It had to be done fast, so the answers were being generated spontaneously. No extra thinking and second thoughts were being entertained there. My passion score was pretty impressive. The report which was generated towards the end also told me what I am most passionate about. That was when I again got thinking about the passion of my life. Were my passions those that were listed in that machine generated report? I had no answer from my very own head or heart. It seemed they never knew something that even an external machine could manage to hint on.

It has been high time I pricked my senses. Have my passions formed rust under the routine life that I live? Have they stopped being my reasons to move on in life? So many unanswered questions and scores of answers to choose from. I feel like I am in for an objective test paper. I want to rediscover my passions, myself and I am feeling completely lost, like a child lost in the thick woods. I feel like I have been left alone to find my destination through a wild maze. I am scared of the thousand hurdles that I will have to cross to reach there. But I will be myself only once I set off on the prowl. See now, things seem to be getting more lucid. the scare factor is the culprit then.

Now writing this post seems to have worked like some magic potion on me. Suddenly I feel that I have always known my passions but I was always scared about the encounters that I will have to put up in the course of my journey to attain them. I know what I need, but I am simply scared, held back by those thousand inhibitions that are everywhere, in myself, in the society, in the family, in the workplace, in every single nook and corner of this earth. What do you people think of this? Don't you feel the same too? Are'nt these inhibitions holding you back in life? Are these inhibitions so important not to be torn through? Are they so important after all? You have just one short life in hand and your passions are inexhaustible. So, it is time to break the shackles, the fetters and the manacles and move on in life. In the process do not ever forget to care for your near and dear ones. They can fuel your passions like no one else ever could. So I am already on my way......Anyone joining???

2 comments:

Prakash Paul said...

Nice entry considering that the topic is quite abstract!! Anyways its important to be passionate about something. Hope you find out your true passion. I know one of your passions and its something related to being round and capable of rolling, ain't I right?

Umashanker Subramanian said...

Passion??????